A set of single click touchscreen skins, a blue one for 1024x768 and larger and a red one for 800x600. Emphasis is on usability for users totally unfamiliar with Silverjuke, Windows, etc.
This skin has a special "shopmode" for use in a shop were people just can play a song and not use any queueing facilities - any selected song is played straight away.
For further options see the configuration dialog.
This skin needs Silverjuke 2.73 (not 2.72 or lower)
In "Settings / Kios mode / Functionality" make sure "Cover view" is enabled. Also enable at least one of "Search for music selection" and "Search for genre".
Make sure at "Settings / Skins / Fonts and covers" you have cover size, column width and font at their defaults.
Sometimes switching between skins with complicted scripts results in an exception error. If so restart Silverjuke (if it asks to reload the skin say "yes"), now before selecting this skin always first select the native "Silverness" skin, secondly this skin. If this does not solve the issue, select the native skin, quit Silverjuke, restart Silverjuke and select the skin you want to test.
And finaly a big "Thank you!" to Dubious for extensive testing & thinking.
PS: these skins are designed for a single-click touchscreen. Any use with keyboard or mouse is unsupported. Also don't use any standalone script interfering with searches like the reset-script by BertKessels.
- needs SJ 2.73 or higher
- added support for credit system
- added support for autoplay
- maximum queuelength is now read from global SJ settings instead of private setup
- added several startup tests & warnings for wrong settings or wrong SJ version
- kiosmode limiting music search is now respected
- added support for "manually queued tracks interrupt autoplay"
- fixed bug where queuesize limit value was always respected even though inactivated
- made queuesize limit only active in kioskmode
- added credits display
- fixed ugly bug: kiosk limit search was always respected even when deactivated
- made search result always start at first album for initial search
- rescalable with configurable coverzoom and covercount
- QWERTY keyboard for search
- usermessages in native skinstyle window
- removed shaped window mode when not in kioskmode
(will only return if SJ will support additional besides subtractive shapes)
- show track-artist in queuedisplay (was artist-track)
- option to queue complete album
- support 'avoid double tracks waiting in queue' setting
- automatically show configuration screen upon entry when saved by a different skin version
- when credit is added while no-credits message shows the skin jumps to the track/album confirm screen
- idle timer to jump to main screen after x secs inactivity
- added QWERTZ version
- added 100% screensize visualization area, respect SJ x-minutes auto visualization setting
- fixed bug in visualization which made it impossible to return to the program without using the keyboard
- fixed bug with A-Z jumping with music selection active not ending up on correct album
- added option to allow search in all tracks while kioskmode browse is limited to a set music selection
- fixed bug in search all option
- bugfix: when returning from search the updated queue was not redrawn
Version 2.00 is a major update, and I can image some users might prefer certain aspects of the 1.x versions. For that reason I will keep the last 1.x versions available.
for 800x600 (will probably be updated to v1.12 some day - ask if you are waiting for it) (441.09 KB, Downloaded: 736 Time(s))
for 1024x768 (deprecated, replaced by v2.00) (463.46 KB, Downloaded: 983 Time(s))
1024x768 and upwards (435.48 KB, Downloaded: 893 Time(s))
1024x768 and upwards - with onscreen QWERTZ keyboard (435.35 KB, Downloaded: 951 Time(s))
I just wanted to thank SilverEagle for making this skin. Now there is finally a TRUE touchscreen-compatible skin for those of us that want a pub jukebox in our living rooms. This is so easy to use - my girlfriend walked right up to it and had no problems queuing her music.
The single-click functionality works perfectly - you will have to teach everyone how you made it work. :)
Hi SilverEagle !!
First, thanks a lot for your very great skin !!! (blueTouch)
But, I have a little problem:
A message box appears every 15 seconds (approx.)
It appears when a song is playing, (l don't touch the screen), and even when the the screen is in reduced mode. (see the 2 pictures i've joined).
Hi Rock & Juke,
The skin is verifying if the zoomfactor & viewmode are OK, after you click OK it tries to set the viewmode & zoom to the required values, and apparently it fails. Few things you can do:
1) Make sure you are running SJ 2.72 (not 2.71)
2) Restart SJ with the skin already selected (but you probably already did that a lot of times...)
3) Try running in normal mode (not kioskmode), if that solves the problem then your functionality settings for kioskmode are too limited. If you can fix it this way I'd like to know what setting you had to change.
3) And finally: don't change the viewmode or the zoom using the keyboard or mouse...
Hi again !!
So, I’ll try on another Pc, as it seems that stranges things happens on this one !!
I’ll tell you later.
May be a suggestion:
Just after that you have made your sélection by typing characters and that you have queued a song, why the search field is not reseted automatically ? (if you want to chose another song)
And one last thing, I saw that when in the song-listing view, if you double-click on the cover you get the large cover view (in fact, you have to double-clic twice) Have you noticed it ?
Great skin !!
Search is not reset because you might want to add other tracks from the same search (think if you search for an artist of albumtitle). But if you tap the info area (where the searchstring and counts are displayed) the search is reset. That is undocumented, call it a hidden feature But resetting the search is anyway just two taps away (stop search + start search, two taps on same screen location).
I know double clicking (and for that matter a lot of keyboard entries) does something, but this is not explicitely supported, it's just default Silverjuke functionality (and cannot be turned off in a skin, maybe in the prefs?). Most touchscreen(driver)s are not happy about doubleclicking, and certainly their users are not. So this skin was designed 100% to support a singleclick touchscreen.
This is a great skin for my party guests! I have a question - is it possible to queue up an entire album, or does each song have to be queued separately? Also, is there a way to control the volume from the skin?
Fantastic job, Silver Eagle. Your BlueTouch skin is one of the main reasons I'm purchasing SilverJuke. It's clean, simple and extremely intuitive; it's a major upgrade over the interface I was previously using in a party environment. Two pieces of feedback/requests:
1. Many album names are longer than single line provided for them, like the Four Thieves Gone album in the example below.
I've switched to 8pt font to help alleviate the problem, but I still have a fair amount of albums with truncated titles. How difficult would it be add a second line for album titles so that they aren't cut off so often?
2. I like the alphabetical setup on the main page, but it's a bit awkward when in search mode. The option to use a QWERTY keyboard layout in search mode would be a great addition.
3. This skin does not appear to work properly with the Music Selection feature. It will accept a music selection filter, but as soon as I click the left or right buttons to scroll between albums it deactivates.
Thanks again for this excellent skin!
Thanks for the compliment, if I did not already win a license with this skin I think I would have to ask SJ-team for a commision
About your issues:
> Two pieces of feedback/requests:
You can't count
> 1) Many album names are longer than single line provided for them
That is unfortunately outside my control. What this skin does is use the normal SJ 'workspace', but turns off all usercontrol to fit exactly 8 albums on screen. That way I can have buttons skipping exactly 8 tracks backwards/forwards.
But still the layout of the cover area is fully done by SJ internally, and the only way to increase the titlelength (besides using a smalled font) is to show 2 rows of 3 albums and redesign the skin (because the covers will increase in height as well.
Maybe you should ask SJ team for an optional second titleline in the wishlist forum, but I'm not sure if this is an issue for a 'normal' skin so it may be a very low priority for them.
> 2) use a QWERTY keyboard layout in search mode
Is already promised to my (US based) beta tester. I did not include it yet as most users use AZERTY or even worse. But I do 100% agree, it's just that I don't want to use the SJ internal touchscreen keyboard for this skin (too big) so I have to create at least 4 layouts myself (AZERTY & QWERTY for both skin sizes). January I hope.
> 3) skin does not appear to work properly with the Music Selection feature
But you cannot even _use_ music selections! If you need more than single clicking (or finger-touch) screen-elements then this skin was not designed for it. And using the small 'tools' icon is cheating, that is only there outside kioskmode for setting up convenience.
Seriously: music selections are on the "not sure todo" list. They need to be implemented totally newbie-proof in the GUI. But maybe I'll add a single optional fixed selection which is always active to the setup dialog, would that match your requirements (like for having a 70's party)? At the moment I do not think it likely I will ever add a GUI selectable music selection.
> Hi hotspur,
> About your issues:
> > Two pieces of feedback/requests:
> You can't count
And I have poor post editing skills
> > 1) Many album names are longer than single line provided for them
> Maybe you should ask SJ team for an optional
> second titleline in the wishlist forum, but I'm
> not sure if this is an issue for a 'normal' skin
> so it may be a very low priority for them.
Sound like a lot of work for a small problem. Thanks for the explanation
> > 2) use a QWERTY keyboard layout in search mode
> January I hope.
> > 3) skin does not appear to work properly with the Music Selection feature
> But maybe I'll
> add a single optional fixed selection which is
> always active to the setup dialog, would that
> match your requirements (like for having a 70's
> party)? At the moment I do not think it likely I
> will ever add a GUI selectable music selection.
Yes, the single fixed option would be perfect. I'm not looking for a GUI option, just a way to selectively hide some of the 50,000 tracks in my collection when launching into kiosk mode. Not many people want to hear Christmas music in July.